Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Damn you united, damn you!

My first leg of my trip back to CA was supposed to be SIN to HKG at 6:45 this morning. Because I am a cheap bastard sometimes, I decided to take a late subway train to the airport last night, and just hang out at the airport until check-in started at 3:45 AM. Well I had a nice surprise when I arrived at the airport: my flight was cancelled. Sweet. Of course no United employees are at Singapore airport at midnight, nor anytime before 3:30 AM. As a result, I had a fun time hanging out.

Now you've probably heard what a great airport Changi is. Well here's the thing: all the cool stuff (free internet, movies, a pool, showers, etc) is in the transit area, ie beyond check-in and immigration. the only thing remotely cool in the front area of the airport is the 24 hr food court where you can get beer. Speaking of beer, that is another thing I like about East Asia: beer is so accessible. Not to sound like an alcoholic or anything (I didn't have a beer at the food court, but I was considering it I admit).

Anyway, once the United people showed up, they told me I would be taking a cathay pacific flight to HKG, then taking United to SFO. Here's the prob: I now leave SIN at 10:30, shortening my time in HKG to 4 hours, and therefore preventing me from carrying out my original plan of taking a quick trip to HKG harbor. bastards.

No comments: